Saturday, February 5, 2011


Hmm....what should I claim as the reason that this week's sketches aren't good?
I was sick?

I don't know. I don't like these. They didn't really turn out. I tried a different coloring thing with Photoshop. On the Batgirl one, the Batgirl in the middle is the one the sketch is of, the other two are different women that went by the name of Batgirl. I colored them with a different opacity of color to try and make them look slightly...different I guess. I was going for something akin to when characters are moving throughout the picture, and there are multiple drawings of the character in different poses and the one that is colored like the rest of the comic is the one that is in the precise moment of the frame (the others are images from the not to distant past). I think people who read comics will know what I mean...
It didn't work.

Oh, I also tried that with the Martian Manhunter. That weird blob of color between normal Martian him and superhero him is supposed to be him metamorphosing from one to the other. I colored it that way to indicate some kind of...transience for lack of a better word.

It didn't work very well but it was worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment